An update on the latest from your club
An update on the latest from your club – 100 person limits and social distancing measures are now in place.
In light of the most recent recommendations from the Government in relation to non-essential, indoor gatherings of more than 100 persons intended to slow the spread of COVID-19, we advise the following measures are being implemented at RMYC Port Hacking, effective immediately.
Since 1934, RMYC Port Hacking has been an integral part of the local community – and we are committed to staying that way. Yes, some things will need to change for the foreseeable future but being a place to connect, celebrate and enjoy a stunning view, a cool drink and a great meal will continue for as long as it is safe to do so.
Your Club is open for business and looking forward to welcoming you. The below measures are in place, effective immediately:
- We have rearranged our floor plan to allow tables of up to 6 people and provide distancing of 1.5m between groups
- We have seating for 90 in the auditorium/dining space and we have plans in place to create separate areas if needed to house additional patrons
- Our waterfront lawn area is open, spacious and we’re looking forward to a great weekend of warm, sunny weather
- The marina bar will remain open on weekends to allow additional patronage while continuing to encourage the recommended social distancing between groups
- Additional sanitising stations are being added throughout the club and our already rigorous cleaning practices have been bolstered with extra sanitising throughout the day
- We encourage cashless, tap & go transactions which are available at all service points including reception to minimise cash handling and therefore maximise our already rigorous hygiene practices
Our position on maximum numbers is strong and we request that patrons accept the decisions of Management & Staff in the interests of health and hygiene and do not seek to question or argue those decisions.
We have had to adjust our regular promotional activities and have paused all current promotions and events including:
- $15 Bistro Classics Menu
- Joker Jackpot
- 2 for 1 Bistro Nights
- Live Music
- Bubbles by the Bay
We will review weekly on further advice from the Government Authorities and Clubs NSW.
Throughout the club we will only be accepting walk-ins – bookings are on hold for the time being. All existing 2 for 1 meal deals will, of course, be honoured however this program will be placed on hold until further notice.
Previously communicated additional hygiene measures throughout the club will remain in place at this time. You can learn more about that here.
The RMYC Port Hacking will continue to monitor the advice of ClubsNSW, the Marina Industries Association, the Boating Industry Association and NSW Health and implement advice accordingly.
We appreciate your patience as we all navigate this uncharted territory, together.
If you have any questions please speak with Club Management or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further updates may apply, we will continue to update via our email newsletters and online via our website.
For & on behalf of the Board of Directors.
19 March 2020