We’re getting ready to welcome you back
With NSW well on its way to reaching 70% double dose vaccinations, the NSW Government has outlined its roadmap out of lockdown which will see us welcoming you all back into our Club earlier than we had thought.
Based on current vaccination rates, authorities have marked Monday 11th October as the day many restrictions will be eased including the reopening of many clubs, pubs and hospitality venues. NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian adding she could “quite confidently envisage 11 October will be the day” that freedoms for 70% vaccination coverage were introduced.
The NSW Government has further announced that only fully vaccinated people and those with medical exemptions will have access to the freedoms allowed under the Reopening NSW roadmap. This includes staff, members and their guests and visitors to the RMYC Port Hacking.
To ensure compliance to the expected Public Health Order, members and their guests and visitors to the RMYC Port Hacking will need to supply on entry, proof of their double vaccination whether by the Services NSW App, MyGov App or a printed copy which can be obtained from the site where you were vaccinated or your GP. Trials of the state’s vaccine passport App are set to kick off soon which will hopefully see a combined check-in process be adopted in due course. Until this time, please be patient with our staff who are doing their job to comply and keep our community safe.
For more information on proof of vaccination, click here.
Under the reopening roadmap the following will be in place at the RMYC Port Hacking:
- Indoor areas of the RMYC Port Hacking including the main lounge will strictly operate on a one person per 4 sqm capacity
- Outdoor areas of the RMYC Port Hacking including the lawn, marina bar and marina will strictly operate on a one person per 2sqm capacity
- All bookings must be made and confirmed with our team prior to visiting the RMYC Port Hacking
- Group bookings will be limited to 20 people
- Standing while drinking will only be permitted outside
- Masks will remain mandatory for all indoor areas except when seated while enjoying food & beverages
- Children aged under 12 will not need to wear a mask indoors
- Front of house staff must wear masks indoors & outdoors at all times
- Staff, members, guests and visitors must all sign in via the Service NSW App as well as the usual Club sign in
- Proof of Vaccination must be presented to enter
- RMYC Port Hacking members are responsible for all guests they bring onto the marina or into the Club and must adhere to the same rules & regulations
- Entry to the RMYC Port Hacking will be via reception or via the Marina bar where our staff are on hand for all access and enquiries
- Abuse of any sort will not be tolerated
Please remember our staff are our family, we care about their safety just as much as yours. Please be patient, do the right thing and remember they are simply carrying out what is expected of them to comply with the current Public Health Orders and our Covid Safe plan.
As we will be limited to one person per four square metres, it is advised that bookings to attend the club should be made in advance. We are currently accepting bookings from the 11th of October onwards. All bookings, for now, must be made by calling 9523 9300.
As we all know, the current situation continues to evolve at a rapid speed. The NSW Government has even suggested the roadmap is subject to further fine-tuning and health advice if circumstances change drastically or if cases within a designated area remain too high. We will, of course, continue to watch and provide any further updates as they are announced around the reopening of your club. Until then, we can not wait to see your faces on the 11th October – it’s been so long, friends.